This hill station is on a plateau in the Dang forest area of Western Ghats (Sahyadri) range at an altitude of about 1,000 metres.
A top of the Saputara is Governer Hill at the elevation of 1100 meter.
Saputara means the ‘ Abode of Serpents ‘ and a snake image on the banks of the river Sarpaganga is worshiped by the Adivasis on Holi.
Saputara has been developed as a planned hill station with amenities… The Maharashtra state border is right next to Saputara. Excursions from Saputara can be made to the wild life sanctuary in the Mahal Bardipara forest.
- Artist Village: See tribal artefacts on display. Simple accommodation is also available
- Vansda National Park
- Purna Wildlife Sanctuary: Situated at Mahal, 60 km north of Dangs
- Boating: on the Saputara Lake
- Sunrise Point: Offers the best view of Saputara and adjoining Malegoan. It is a walk of 1.5 km in the direction of Waghai. The name implies the point should only be visited at sunrise, but at any time of the day there is a panoramic view.
- Sunset Point: Has a scenic view of a of Dang Forest. The forest around Saputara is dotted with Adivasi (tribal) villages.
- The Ropeway: A ten minute ride across the valley to Sunset Point.
- Gira Falls: Is an excursion option 52 km from Saputara. Best during the months of June to November.
- Rose Garden, a garden with many varieties of roses.
- Step Garden, a garden set up in steps. On the steps are laid plants and flower pots
- Lake Garden, on the banks of Saputara Lake
Saputara is 46 km from Saptashrungi (a site of Hindu pilgrimage), 172 km from Surat, 80 km from Nashik, 280 km from Mumbai, 112 km from Bilimora 420 km from Ahmedabad, 300 km from Vadodara, 589 km from Bhavnagar, 603 km from Rajkot.
- Air: Surat Airport is the nearest, 172 km away, Chhatrapati Shivaji International
Airport Mumbai is the nearest international airport 360 km away.
- Rail: Bilimora is the nearest railway station on Western Railways. There is a narrow
gauge (0.7 m) (small train) from Bilimora toWaghai.Waghai is 52 km from Saputara.
- Road : Bus facility is available from Chikhli, Bilimora, Nasik and Surat. By bus Saputara
is about three hours from Bilimora. Government buses are available from there.
There is enough scope for adventure activities within Nandanvan Adventures and in deep valleys of Kumbhalgarh, lush green forest, grooves of bamboos, wildlife and the National Park.
All the activities conducted here are eco-friendly, uniquely thrilling and in partnership with Rajasthan Forest Dept.
Just to name a few, you can pick any to many from below activities:
- ZIPLINE *
- NIGHT TREKKING
- ROCK CLIMBING
- ROPE ACTIVITIES
- VALLEY CROSSING
- STAR GAZING
Accomodation & Food
PEACEFUL AND PLEASANT CAMPING:
You get to do thrilling and eco-friendly activities, listen to the birds chirping, proximity to wildlife, campfire and an awesome camping experience under star-lit sky.
PURE VEG. HYGENIC FOOD:
With all great activities comes a hungry stomach, and to soothe it we serve simple, tasty and pure local delicacy made from freshly picked organic ingredients
Local transportation can be arranged locally as per your request and interest.
- We operate on safety and Quality guidelines as per National and International Standards
- We use National and International safety standards Equipment
- Our Camp/Tour Leaders and operators are certified and experienced in their field
- Zero Error Practice is what we believe in and adhere to
- First Aid facility is readily available
- Adventure Activities and Tours to nearby attractions Multiday pre-booked packages
- Adventurous solo/group/family camp
- Adventure school camp
- Adventure corporate camps for team building
Timings for walk-ins
- Sunrise to Sunset